Yoga increases flexibility and is a stress reliever, but do you know that the practice can do more than help you get flexible body and peaceful mind? Today you will learn 5 surprising benefits of yoga that will give you new reasons to show off your yoga skills.
1. Yoga for migraine prevention – whether it is migraine or just an ordinary headache, doing yoga once or twice a week begins to build muscle memory and train you on the poses that can prevent an incoming Migraine attack. Base on studies, migraine attack gets fewer with less and less painful after 3 months of yoga practice.
2. Yoga for better sleep – Yoga restores and gently winds down your day. Because yoga has the ability to help people deal with stress, breathing and mental exercises allow the mind to slow down and help your head stop spinning. Base on studies, eight weeks of daily yoga significantly improve sleep quality for people with insomnia.
3. Yoga fights food cravings – Regular yoga practice strengthens the mind-body connection. Yoga lets you reflect on your emotion that’s driving you to eat because breathing exercise can help you slow down and make better choices when craving strikes.
4. Yoga for immunity booster – Yoga is a holistic practice which strengthens you physically and mentally. As a result, your body’s defense mechanism improves its condition. As you breathe, move and circulate better, all organs function better. Base on studies, yoga practice results in changes in gene expression that boost immunity at a cellular level.
5. Yoga for better sex – Yoga improves flexibility and strength which means a greater range of movement during sex. Physically it increases blood flow into the genital area, which is important for arousal and erection. Mentally, the breathing and mind control involved with practice can improve performance. Base on studies yoga can improve sexual desire, arousal, confidence, performance, satisfaction and orgasm for both men and women in 12 weeks.
Yoga is not an alternative medicine however it can keep diseases at bay. So, let’s not wait this time for the flu to come knocking at our door but rather beat it with ease.